My Reading Coach (MRC) is a server based program that was launched in 1998 and will have its life cycle ended in 2015. MindPlay has discontinued selling MRC and Technical support for MRC will end . You may continue to use the MRC product, but technical support, lost disks, reimaged computers, lost licenses, etc. will no longer be supported. For information about the new cloud-based version, MindPlay Virtual Reading Coach (MVRC), launched in 2012, is available at www.mindplay.com . Thank you.
If something happens to the hard drive of the computer or a "system restore" done on most machines, the My Reading Coach database will be lost and the student with it.
To prevent this from happening, the database can be backed up to a flash drive (like the one that came with the software to add the student). In the event of a computer crash or similar event, the backup on that flash drive can be restored so that the student can continue from the point the backup was made.
To make a backup, go through the following steps:
- Attach the flash drive to the computer.
- Log in to My Reading Coach as "Administrator".
- At the title screen (where is has "Start", "Quick Start", and "Quit"), go up to the Administrator Options menu and select Backup Database.
- When asked if you also want to back up the database to an external/flash drive, click on Yes.
- Then log out of the program. The flash drive can be detached and stored in a safe place.
week), it is recommended to make a backup once a week.